Famous Masterpieces made from torn magazinesJul 14
We has seen countless remake of the famous art masterpieces using almost any medium available like coffee stains, fruits and vegetables, pins, nails etc. Now we can add another variation of these classics this time made up of torn magazine strips. Vik Muniz, a Brazilian artist, used pages from old discarded magazines to create highly detailed reproductions of the artworks by Van Gogh, Manet or Cézanne and many others.
Image credit: Vik Muniz, courtesy of Galerie Xippas
Designer’s Depot: the best source for artists, designers and art lovers.
- Painted Bubble Wrap Portraits by Bradley Hart
- Portraits made with cut text from books
- Queen Mary Ocean Liner Made Out of Toothpicks by Wayne Kusy
- Cigarette Ash Landscape by Yang Yongliang
- Portrait made of Plastic caps by Mary Ellen Croteau