Peeled Tangerines Art by Yoshihiro OkadaMay 01
Yoshihiro Okada is a Japanese artist who uses whole-peeled off tangerine skins to create distinct shapes of animals. He had developed this technique 6 years ago when he noticed that the peel he had removed from a tangerine resembles like a scorpion. Through patience and practice he can now make more than 80 animal shapes from a single peel of a tangerine. This art form is quite popular now in Japan and it is being compared to the art of Origami wherein one folds a single sheet of paper to make a desired shape.
Designer’s Depot: the best source for artists, designers and art lovers.
- NYC Subway Art by Ming Liang Lu
- Make Origami using Adobe Illustrator
- Amazing Shadow Art by Kumi Yamashita
- Banana Tattooing by Phil Hansen
- Stamps Portraits by Pete Mason