The Art of Mario SoriaApr 27
It is hard to describe Spanish artist Mario Soria‘s art because it is a mixture of various art styles: Pop art, hyper-realism, surrealism and even traditional art. The elements on his artworks are not randomly added, he explains:
I like to research more about the person in matter and sometimes put in some ironic elements of the information I found. As an example, on Frida Kahlo’s portrait I painted some strollers to the fact she couldn’t have babies, or in Einstein’s I put little women in to highlight the fact he had many wives and lovers. Mickey Mouse ears and coca cola cans are also very strong current icons in my paintings.
Visit his site to see more of his incredible works.
Designer’s Depot: the best source for artists, designers and art lovers.
- the Art of Frank Gonzales
- Cool Find: “Hito Dama” by Tom Bagshaw
- Awesome scratched faces on walls by Alexandre Farto
- Book Carvings by Julia Feld
- 1st Anniversary show: Fittingly, Works on and of Paper