‘The Scream’ painting fetched a record $120 MillionMay 09
Edvard Munch‘s widely popular painting “The Scream”, the pastel version which is just one our of the four paintings that Munch had painted and that only version to have a poem by Munch on the frame which describes the feeling of the painting, was just recently sold for $120 million at a Sotheby’s auction to a very wealthy and anonymous buyer. The Scream is the eighth most expensive painting sold at a private or public auction according to Forbes.
Designer’s Depot: the best source for artists, designers and art lovers.
- The Scream by Edvard Munch (Animated Version)
- What if… other artists drew Mona Lisa?
- New ‘Van Gogh’ Painting Discovered
- Norman Rockwell and Optimus Prime Mash-up by Marco D’alfonso
- Top Painting Apps for the Iphone